Friday 16 April 2021

Narelle Wildman: Poppies


Brand: Blue Opal (The Art Collection)

Pieces: 1000
Size: 73cm x 48.6cm
Product Code:  BL00709


I was debating with myself about whether I would post this puzzle today or next week (because the title is Poppies and next weekend is ANZAC Day), but I decided to go ahead with it this week. The poppies above are not really symbolic of the ones we look at and commemorate for the occasion so I can probably get away with it! 

The main reason I wanted to post this is because it is an old puzzle that I dug out of my collection and decided to redo. 

In my last post I was talking about all the new puzzles I have purchased and how I'm starting to become overwhelmed by my addiction to buying new. But I have just as many old ones that have sat in my collection for years (even decades) that I might have to revisit before saying goodbye to them. 

The above puzzle is one of those. 

I remember taking up (what felt like) half of the kitchen table when I first did this at my husband's (then boyfriend's) house nearly 10 years ago. I didn't get a good photo when I finally completed it cos the room was quite dark and I had no way of moving the puzzle. Now, I'm a bit more organised and have more space so I decided to redo it and take a photo so I could finally sell it and say goodbye. 

I don't think Blue Opal makes this collection anymore so it was good to have and try it. The pieces fit together relatively well and the colours are vibrant, with shades that are quite similar (so it took a while to get some sections together). Overall, though, I'm happy with the puzzle and even though it will be sad to get rid of it, I can be happy in the knowledge that I completed it and someone else will get to enjoy it. 

How old is the oldest puzzle in your collection? How many times have you completed it? Will you ever get rid of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment