Friday 8 December 2017

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Droids



Brand: Crown
Pieces: 1000
Size: 45.7cm x 60.9cm
Product Code:   017262

I have to admit that I can be a bit of a geek/nerd sometimes, and, over recent years, I have really grown to love the Star Wars franchise. In particular, I love The Force Awakens, the latest one in the saga (I don't really include Rogue One as part of the series, despite where it fits in, because it doesn't feel as though it's part of the saga, even though it is!) With The Force Awakens, we were introduced to BB-8, another lovable droid who works alongside C-3PO and R2-D2, and this puzzle is a wonderful tribute to the three of them.


I have decided to put this one up because the next installment of the Star Wars saga (The Last Jedi) will be released in cinemas this Thursday (December 14, 2017) and I can't wait! My husband and I have already booked tickets to see it at Village Cinemas Gold Class next Sunday- should be good! 

This puzzle took me a little longer to do than anticipated- mostly due to the similar shades of the background. There were so many browns, greys and blacks blended together that it was sometimes difficult to work out where each went, and the fact that the picture on the (collector's) tin was lighter in colour didn't really help matters! But I got there in the end (with the help of a lot of natural light) and the actual design turned out to be quite good. The quality of the pieces was alright too, which helped. 

I've done a few Star Wars puzzles now, all distributed by different companies, and I'm sure with the release of the next film, there will be plenty more designs to add to the collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment