Friday 22 December 2017

Return To Santa: Art By Tom Wood



Brand: SunsOut
Pieces: 750
Size: 68.58cm x 87.63cm
Product Code:   96004

Christmas feels weird this year. 


Maybe it's because it falls on a Monday and the lead up to the day is the weekend. I work in retail so I'm usually working up until Christmas Eve,  but because it's the weekend this year, I don't need to. That's thrown me out quite a bit but at the same time, I'm happy to have the time off to organise myself for Christmas! 

As promised last week, I have put up a Christmas-themed puzzle for today- a cute shaped puzzle that features the artwork of Tom Wood for SunsOut. This puzzle was much bigger than I anticipated- SunsOut usually label their puzzle dimensions in inches, and I have to then convert them to centimetres to work out just how large a puzzle it is! The pieces are also a variety of weird and unusual shapes, as is typical of the brand, so it can take some time to sort them and find the edge pieces. Sometimes pieces that can be found in the middle of the design have such straight edges, they could be mistaken for being part of the border! 

For this one, I worked in colours and textures blocks to work out what went where. The design is both cute and bright, so no problems there...I'm starting to become a bit of a fan of the randomness of SunsOut designs, although if I have one fault with the brand, it's that their boxes aren't very sturdy. I think every box I have of theirs is torn or ripped in some way because the cardboard box is so thin that it doesn't wear well if you stack a few boxes on top of one another. Nevertheless, the puzzles inside them are still good, and the designs are pretty so I'll probably continue buying and putting them together...

Have a safe and happy Christmas and I hope you get everything on your Christmas wishlist!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment