Friday 19 March 2021

DC Comics: Superman Retro Collage

Brand: Aquarius

Pieces: 1000
Size: 51cm x 69cm
Product Code:  65-233

When it comes to pop culture, I'm the first to admit that I love a good superhero movie. I know some people have their preferences regarding whether DC Comics or Marvel are better, but although I tend to lean more towards Marvel, I still have a deep appreciation for their DC superhero counterparts.

Last night my husband and I watched Zack Snyder's Justice League- hence the reason I have put up the above Superman puzzle- and I have to say, it was quite impressive! I saw the original Justice League film when it was first released a few years ago, and although I don't remember much of it, my husband insists that this version was way better. I did, however, remember a few of the scenes that were featured (it was Zack Snyder's cut of all the film work- you can google the reasons this film was made if you want more info), so I guess that's a win!

The above puzzle by Aquarius was made up multiple Superman comic covers, and was quite easy to do when you worked by section. The colours were so vibrant, and it was great to see all the adaptations to the Superman character over the years. Fans of the comic are sure to love this design. 

This puzzle is the 1000 piece version. I posted a picture of the 100 piece version of the same design several years ago http://jigsawpuzzlelove.blogspot.com/2017/11/dc-comics-superman-collage.html but thought, why not? That was in 2017 so enough time has passed!

We also finished watching Marvel's Wanda Vision last week and I have been searching fruitlessly for puzzles that feature the characters. Don't you hate it when you're looking for a particular puzzle design and it doesn't even exist?! I'll keep searching... someone might bring out a design eventually considering how popular the show was.

In the meantime, I have plenty of other Marvel and DC Comics puzzles to do so that should keep me busy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment