Friday 13 November 2020

Tinker Bell And Peter Pan Fly To Neverland


Brand: 
Ceaco

Pieces: 500

Size: 46cm x 36cm
Product Code: -

Today I have decided to put up a photo of this puzzle, which is part of a 4-puzzle-pack by Thomas Kinkade (Series 1 for anyone who is interested). And the reason for this one? Well I have recently finished reading a book that featured the characters from Peter Pan- focusing mainly on Tinker Bell and Wendy and I was inspired to put this puzzle up because of that. 

The book is part of the Disney Twisted Tales series (printed by Scholastic) and, while it is aimed at younger readers, it is fantastic nonetheless. Each book questions the events in a particular Disney story, and inverts it completely to make an entirely new story. For example, in the one I just finished (called Straight On Till Morning), the story takes a turn and asks what would have happened if Wendy went to Neverland with Captain Hook? (Rather than Peter Pan as she does in the original book). I also read one recently called Let It Go (based on Frozen) which is rewritten as though Elsa and Anna never knew each other. 

I love inverted fairytales as much as I love the originals and so this series is a joy to read. There are plenty more in the series if you are interested... but back to the puzzle. 

This puzzle was great Ceaco quality and I enjoyed finding all the little extra details in it, as Thomas Kinkade is known for doing. You can't really tell clearly from my photo but the clouds are outlines of Captain Hook and the pirates, ensuring that they are included in the illustration. I did the other puzzles in this box too and will eventually put them up. These are great illustrated puzzles and I intend to do them all eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment