Friday 14 December 2018

Disney Moments: Dumbo (1941) (Collector's Edition)



Brand: Ravensburger
Pieces: 1000
Size: 70cm x 50cm
Product Code: 196760

No doubt, if you've been following this blog and my Instagram throughout the years, you will have noticed that I am a huge fan of Disney! 

I have done many puzzles that feature artwork from the franchise, including ones from Ravensburger, Tenyo and Yanoman (although I have not yet put up any of the images of this particular Japanese brand- maybe some day soon!).

I love the nostalgia and the memories that the characters evoke, although I can't say that I have any particular favourites. 

Ever since I first saw Ravensburger's massive 40.320 piece puzzle, I have wanted to do it, but my common sense (and a lot of influence from my husband) have convinced me that the job is just too big to tackle, especially considering the finished size of the design (which I would have absolutely no room for anywhere in the house!).

Luckily for me, Ravensburger has released all of the designs from this huge puzzle in small, individually produced 1000 piece puzzles, so I can create the mental illusion that I have done this monster! 

I now have all of the separate designs and will work my way through them, in no particular order. The first one I have put up is Dumbo, which was a pleasure to do. I'm not as familiar with this story as I am with some of the other stories- I think I only saw the film once, and when I was very young- but since it will soon be coming out as a live action remake, I thought it would be appropriate to make it up.

This was a great puzzle and I can't wait to start the next one in the Collector's Edition series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment