Friday 10 August 2018

Rosina Wachtmeister: All Together



Brand: Heye
Pieces: 2000
Size: 97cm x 69cm
Product Code: 29132

A few days ago it was International Cat Day (August 8). 

Now, I'm not a huge fan of felines, and I don't quite understand how they can have a day dedicated to them, but I had this puzzle in my collection and thought it would be fitting to put it up regardless. 

Despite my slight aversion to the creatures, I was still drawn into this design by Rosina Wachtmeister- a popular and talented Austrian artist. You've probably seen her distinctive cat artworks before- Heye  have produced quite a few puzzles from her designs. 

The quality of the pieces was excellent and I was particularly interested in the gold foil sections of the design, which really added some 'oomph' to the overall look of the finished puzzle (I tried my best to get a good photo that highlights these gold parts but sometimes it was difficult with the reflecting). 

This is one of the bigger puzzles that I have done to date, and I wish I could do more. If space wasn't an issue, I totally would! 

No comments:

Post a Comment