Friday 6 April 2018

Jenny Sanders: Running On Empty



Brand: Blue Opal
Pieces: 1000
Size: 70cm x 50cm
Product Code: BL01905

I'm not sure why, but I really like these collections of puzzles by Blue Opal that feature the artworks of Australian artist Jenny Sanders. I have already posted up quite a few of them and have plenty more in my collection to do. Not only is the quality of the pieces great, but the designs are just perfect representations of classic Australian cars in 'their natural environment' (whatever that means, haha). 

I have always admired old, done-up cars, although there is no way I would be able to maintain or drive them myself. While a few of my friends have restored some in real life, the closest I think I'll be getting to them (besides being a passenger in one) is to do these puzzles!

This one features a lovely old green Holden (I don't know what kind of make it is but I'm sure someone could tell me!) in front of an old-school cafe (seemingly in the middle of nowhere). The colours are vibrant and the design layout made it pretty easy to piece together- the only challenge really came in the colours of the sky but even the gradual shading in the colours made it less difficult than it could have been.  

There will be more of these Jenny Sanders car puzzles on the way in this blog so if you're not a fan of them (as I am) then you'll probably be a bit disappointed! C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment