Friday 9 June 2017

Wonderous Safari


Brand: Cardinal
Pieces: 500
Size: 35.5cm x 27.9cm
Product Code:  -

This may seem strange, but I'm quite in awe of the power of Instagram.

Every week when I post up on this blog, I also post up the same puzzle photo on my Instagram account. It's always a hit-and-miss moment when it comes to the popularity of particular puzzle designs. You would think that licenced designs- of popular pop culture icons or series- would get the most likes, but often Disney and Star Wars, for example, rate less highly than random pictures of say, a sailboat scene (or last week's Kuri Kumi: Summertime).

I guess it can be hard to know what people are interested in seeing.

Maybe there are so many similar designs online that anything that is slightly different will get more interest, hence the popularity of some pictures over others.

I have decided to put up the above puzzle- of a lion and his cubs- this week to test my theory. I was going to put up a DC Comics Justice League of America design (because I saw the new Wonder Woman film this week) but changed my mind at the last minute. I might put it up next week and see how they rate in comparison to one another.

This cardinal puzzle was a pleasure to do. Like the others from the brand, it has really small, good quality pieces and a vibrant design. The sunset colours are gorgeous, as is the illustration of the lions.

We'll see how this one goes Instagram-wise. I don't really care about the numbers so much because the aim of this blog and the Instagram account is to showcase the amazing puzzles I have done, but it's always interesting to see what others think!

No comments:

Post a Comment