Friday 8 July 2022

Renewal




Brand: Hardie Grant

Pieces: 1000
Size: 68.5cm x 49cm

Product Code: -

This week we are embracing NAIDOC Week, which is an Australian observance that runs from the first Sunday in July to the following Sunday. NAIDOC is an acronym that stands for National Aboriginal and Islanders Day Observance Committee, and this week is used to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of people with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage. 

I have decided to put up this puzzle to commemorate the event, which features the artwork of Lakkari Pitt (Gamilaroi Yuwaalaraay). Her work is so beautiful and I love the vibrant colours, even if they aren't the traditional colours of Aboriginal artwork. 

This puzzle was a pleasure to do, and quite challenging in parts. I'm disappointed my photo isn't able to capture the full vibrancy of the design (unfortunately it was a bit dark when I took this photo). I also have a few other 'modern' Aboriginal design puzzles which I can't wait to tackle at some point. Have you got any puzzles in your collection which follow a similar style?

No comments:

Post a Comment