Friday 25 September 2020

Gin Lover's

Brand: Ridley's Jigsaw Puzzles

Pieces: 500

Size: 35cm x 50cm
Product Code: JIG040

You know how sometimes you don't miss something until it's gone? That's me at the moment- with alcohol. 

Since becoming pregnant, I have obviously had to stop drinking alcohol, and while I never drank a whole lot anyway, it was nice to be able to have a drink when I felt like it. 

Gin was my alcohol of choice just before I fell pregnant and this puzzle reminds me of what I'm missing out on. My husband has been very sweet to me, buying sparking apple and grape juices and serving them to me in a wine glass when he's been having a whisky or some other drink, but it's just not the same. 

Oh, well, nothing to be done about it till after the baby's here. In the meantime, I will have to settle for doing puzzles of alcohol, like the one above.  

Although the design of the above puzzle is very cool, I was disappointed with the quality of the pieces. Many were peeling, with the design coming away from the cardboard backing. I have seen this with several puzzles from this brand unfortunately. Besides that, the puzzle was quite pretty (as well as informative). It came in cylinder packaging, with a reference poster. I know there are a few puzzles similar (whisky, etc) and despite the quality, I think I'd still like to try them.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment