Friday 4 October 2019

Pokemon Pokedex: Pocket Monsters No. 001- No. 151



Brand: Ensky
Pieces: 1000
Size: 51cm x 73.5cm
Product Code:  1000T-31

I've always been a fan of the original (first series) of Pokemon. 
I, along with my brothers, collected the trading cards when we were in Primary School, and we had some of the games on the original Game Boy! How's that for a blast from the past?! 

Of course, as time went on, Pokemon became less popular- until Pokemon Go was released in 2016, that is! Suddenly it was back, and although I didn't jump onto the bandwagon, I still remembered my love for the little Japanese characters. 

When I saw this puzzle of the first series (the ones I knew by heart) I knew I had to get it for nostalgia sake. It was amazing how much I remembered about each Pokemon (including name, look, type, evolution, etc)!

This puzzle is from Japanese brand Ensky and the quality was perfect. I really enjoyed putting this one together and although the character's names were written in Japanese, I didn't mind in the slightest. 
After all, it's a Japanese puzzle, the character's are Japanese and why shouldn't they be represented in that way?! 

This is a great puzzle for fans, and I'm pretty sure that if you're interested, there's a puzzle that has the next 150 characters or so. I won't be getting it though, despite the fine quality- this was the one for me, I don't recognise many more of the characters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment