Friday 6 September 2019

Haruyo Morita: Higasa



Brand: Eurographics
Pieces: 1000
Size: 48.89cm x 67.63cm
Product Code: 6000-0742

I haven't posted any Eurographics puzzles for a while, so I thought it was time to remedy the problem!

This design was adapted from an artwork by renowned and popular Japanese artist Haruyo Morita, and is one of a few that the Eurographics brand has included in their collection. I love the details in the kimono and the vibrant colours used in the background behind the geisha. In fact, all of the designs are beautiful.

I do, however, have one complaint, and it is not one I have had to make before, When putting together this puzzle, I noticed that the pieces were not cut well at all. This was the first time I ever encountered something like this and I was particularly surprised because I know that the quality of these puzzles is usually pristine. It seems as though the blades of the machine that cut this particular batch of puzzles was blunt and rather than change it, the company continued to (poorly) cut the designs. As a result, the pieces were difficult to put back together and the quality was terrible. I was lucky enough to get a full refund from the place I purchased it from after I alerted them to the problem and a replacement given. I wish I had thought to take photos of the ill-cut puzzle for you but it completely slipped my mind. 

Regardless, the design is beautiful, the puzzle was replaced with no drama and I learnt the valuable lesson that no matter how renowned a puzzle company can be, quality control can always be compromised. 


No comments:

Post a Comment