Friday 25 January 2019

Desert Oaks, Uluru, NT




Brand: Ken Duncan Images Of Australia (Crown & Andrews)- The World's Most Beautiful Jigsaw Puzzles
Pieces: 504
Size: 64cm x 24cm
Product Code:  -

Happy Australia Day!

Today is January 26th, a national holiday where we celebrate the arrival of Britain's First Fleet on Australian shores in 1788. The day has been steeped in controversy over the last few years, with people wanting to change the date to one that is less 'offensive' to native Australians, some of whom call the day 'Invasion Day'. 

I'm really not fussed if the date is changed, as long as we still get to celebrate a public holiday!

To me, Australia Day is a chance to catch up with friends, have a BBQ and relax. It's a chance to celebrate the things that make Australia great. It's a chance to enjoy a day away from work and just chill out on a hot summer's day.

The puzzle above was the most Australian I could find in my collection- I haven't had the opportunity to do much puzzling lately so I had to use an image from my backlog which I hadn't put up yet! What could be more iconic and Australian than Uluru!

The quality of the pieces was terrific, the image- taken by Ken Duncan- was of course, spot on, and the colours were vibrant. I've done plenty of his puzzles and will continue to do so. You just can't go wrong!



No comments:

Post a Comment