Friday 14 July 2017

The Greatest City On Earth



Brand: Cardinal
Pieces: 500
Size: 35.5cm x 27.9cm
Product Code:  -

Although I've never been to Manhattan (or even New York for that matter), I've always been interested in going. 

Perhaps this is because I have seen so many films and television shows that are set there- the power of the screen! 

While I can't necessarily agree with the title of this puzzle- The Greatest City On Earth- I certainly believe that it has a lot going for it! I would love the chance to one day go to the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, The Empire State Building and the Brooklyn Bridge, among many of the other tourist sites to see. For the time being, however, I'll have to settle for looking at images (in the form of puzzles), if I want to view these places. 

This puzzle was a pleasure to do, with very small pieces, and provided a detailed illustration of Manhattan's attractions. I'm not sure quite how old this puzzle is, but it must have been released before 2001, because the World Trade Centre Twin Towers are in the design, and I highly doubt that the artist would draw them in after the terrible events of September 11. That said, the design is still quite a good representation of Manhattan's highlights and would make a great memento for anyone who loves traveling through this amazing city.


No comments:

Post a Comment