Friday 17 February 2017

My Paris


Brand: Ravensburger
Pieces: 1500
Size: 80cm x 60cm
Product Code:  162963

On Tuesday it was Valentine's Day, and suprisingly, I couldn't find any puzzles in my collection that featured hearts or any other love-themed designs! So I figured the next best thing would be to do a puzzle that featured a place known as 'the city of love'- Paris!

This 1500 piece puzzle from Ravensburger was quite a challenge, with only two dominant colours on a gray, black and white design. Thus, there was an interesting process involved in completing it!

After doing the border outline, the obvious thing to do was separate the bright colours from the greys, blacks and whites. That done, I was able to complete the street signs. But surprisingly, the pink letters of 'Paris' were quite difficult to piece together. Instead, I ended up finding and separating the patterns within the Eiffel tower from the other pieces and put that part together. I then worked on the Arc De Triomphe parts, working through each of the 'textures' on the building design. Having finally completed that, I switched between piecing together the word 'Paris', and the branches of the tree, before finally moving onto the white background pieces.

I have to admit that towards the end, I used the very systematic 'elimination' process, trying each similar-shaped piece in a spot and eliminating the ones that didn't fit as I went. Although it takes a while to do it this way, I was able to finally complete the puzzle about 5 or 6 days after I started it!

Although it was challenging, this was a great puzzle to get my mind working, and the gorgeous completed design speaks for itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment