Friday 11 August 2017

Coffee



Brand: Colorluxe
Pieces: 1500
Size: 58cm x 84cm
Product Code:  3911

During the week I had to travel to Melbourne for some blood tests at St Vincent's Hospital. 

My test was an early 8.30am one (which I had to fast before), but this meant that I had to leave my house at 5.25am to catch the 5.54am train, in order to get there in time.

And because I was fasting, that meant no coffee. 

Now, I don't usually rely on coffee to wake me up in the mornings. I just like the taste. But not being able to drink any, while walking the streets of Melbourne to get to the hospital, was a more difficult task than I had anticipated! The smell of freshly brewing coffee was everywhere! 

Luckily I was able to get my fix (no, I'm not addicted) not long after the tests were concluded, but as a homage to coffee-lovers everywhere, I have decided to put up this puzzle.

This puzzle was unique, in that the back of the puzzle was colour-coded in sections. This was meant to aid in the sorting of pieces so that the puzzle could be completed more easily. Although I mostly ignored this, it did help on occasions when there were similar colours (like browns and tans) that could be situated almost anywhere in the design. It could also be a tad frustrating though, especially when you thought you had found a particular colour (like blue for example), and it was actually a blue-backed piece, rather than part of the design background. 

I quite enjoyed doing this puzzle. The collage-style was engaging and there were many points of interest within the design. It certainly helped cheer me up after my coffee deprivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment