Friday 13 January 2017

Harry Potter Horcruxes



Brand: Half Moon Bay
Pieces: 500
Size: 50cm x 35cm
Product Code:  PUZZHP06

I'm a bit of a Harry Potter fan. I've seen all the movies, read all the books, and have to admit that I own a few Harry Potter-themed jigsaw puzzles. 

Having just read the script format book of Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, I found myself in a bit of a Harry Potter mood one day. It just so happens that I have several Harry Potter puzzles in my to-do stash so it was simply a matter of picking which one I felt like completing.  

Thus, we have the Harry Potter Horcruxes puzzle on display here.

This puzzle was slightly different from some of the ones I have completed recently, with the most obvious difference being the texture (I guess you would call it) of the pieces.

Unlike most puzzles, the surfaces of these pieces were matte, rather than glossy, which was quite a change. This meant that when it came time to take my usual photo, there was limited glare (which is a good thing- it can be quite tricky to photograph puzzles sometimes!). However, there was a downside to this. Perhaps it was just the quality of the printing, but it meant that the edges of the pieces whitened a little when you pulled apart the pieces, as the colours 'faded' off. This gave a 'used' and 'worn' appearance to the pieces after the puzzle was completed and pulled apart.

Other than that, this puzzle was quite quick to do, with plenty of interesting focal points. Not only do the horcruxes from the series feature in the design, but so do a few other Harry Potter references that fans are sure to notice. 

This was a fun puzzle to do, and greatly added to my Harry Potter-fueled mood.



No comments:

Post a Comment